Friday, July 31, 2009

Boring week

Not much to report this week yet....

What is it like to be a philosophy professor on a tenure track line? Not as glamorous as you think. I have spent the entire week alone in my office. All my friends that have tenure are spread all over the globe for the summer. At least I can crank the tunes. What am I doing? Digging deep into Kierkegaard's more obscure works? Editing a killer article on Maclean? No.

I am writing a massive assessment report called a Self-Study by the Higher Learning Commission. It is incredibly boring and detailed.....Wow does it suck.


Good news from the Cardinals this week.


Mark Derosa is starting to hit. Great number, I can't believe #7 was available.




Matt Holiday hit his first yard shot last night. Check out that wicked leg kick...old school.


They made Manny Ramirez look like a fool at least three times. Unbelievably lazy, did not know the count twice, did not know there was only one out in the bottom of the 11th, basket catch in a tied game, thrown out at home on an easy sacrifice fly to RIGHT field, struck out 3 times in game 2.....the best quote I have ever heard about Manny. The guy was talking about Pete Rose and Manny. He said of Rose "Never has a player done so much with so little" and about Manny "Never has a player done so little with so much". I could not have said it better.



El Hombre hit a game wining double in the bottom of the 15th Wednesday night. He is a real class act all the way around. El Hombre and Manny have almost matching career stats and are exact opposites when it comes to character.

No comments: